Thursday 9 June 2016

Travel beauty essentials

When packing you have to travel light which is easier said than done (especially in my case, I'm a serial over - packer!) I had to be really ruthless when deciding what to take. The below isn't an extensive list of everything I did bring (had to take mascara, it's a must for me but not for everyone) but a few essentials that have been really useful and practical.


PICTURED

TIGER BALM

Oh tiger balm. I never even considered you in the U.K. After some horrible reactions to mosquito bites (really horrible, I'll spare you the pictures) a few travellers reccomend I buy some Tiger balm. You can get it from any 7/11 in Thailand and cost me 53 Thai Baht, which is about £1. As soon as I applied it to my bites it took the itch right out. The next day they had calmed down considerably and now 3 days later are looking so much better. My mosquito bites make me feel really gross as I react so badly so I'm so grateful for anything that helps soothe and heal them.


MOISTURISING BALM

This is a combination of a few different oils including almond oil and macadamia oil as well as some eyebright extract and I bought it from a natural beauty store in the Lake District. A little goes a long way so it's perfect for travelling. I only use it a night around my eye area to help repair them. I wear spf in the day.

I also find this really handy to protect my eyebrows and eyelashes when I'm tinting them. Vaseline will do the trick as well.

LIGHT MOISTURISER

Again, I use at night all over my face and neck. Heavy moisturisers don't agree with my skin type as I'm so fair and sensitive.

FACIAL WIPES

Carry at all times in hand luggage. You never know when you might need them as we've had two unexpected long journeys so far. These have refreshed my face and made me feel at little more human.

EYELASH AND BROW TINTING KIT

Maybe not the most practical. If you have big unruly eyebrows like me that need some love and attention then this is a lifesaver. I get my eyebrows done religiously every two weeks back in the U.K. I pluck them first, then prep them with a little of the balm mentioned above on a Q tip. Tinting took about two minutes, it's really quick and easy and not messy at all which is ideal when you're on the go and don't have a lot of space to pamper yourself.

NOT PICTURED

LOO ROLL
HAND SANITISER

Trust me on these two.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Soul Healths. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig