Wednesday 10 August 2016

Lull

I'll keep this post brief as nobody likes to linger too long on the bad points, the rough side of travelling, but this is all a part of my journey and I want to share it. 

I haven't written for a while now. Cambodia has been a little rough. First John got sick. Then he got better. Then I got sick. Then I got better. Then I got sick again. And here I am, gradually recovering, I can function but I'm weak and tired and if I'm completely honest, craving a local U.K Tesco so I can go in and buy:

Grapes
Wholemeal bread
Bananas
A tropical calipo ice lolly (or a twister)
Lurpack butter
An Elle magazine

So I can sit in the glory of my home comforts and just get BETTER.

But I can't. I have to keep going. I have to look after myself of course, but I have to stop thinking about all these little comforts and focus on what I do have around me so that I don't get homesick. I never thought that I would be halfway around the world, living out my dream, and craving something as mundane as a U.K supermarket. It's crazy how much something negative can change your perspective - if you let it. Getting sick out here was my biggest fear, and it's happened. It's not as bad as I thought, it could definitely be worse. For now all I can do is look after myself, drink water and be patient (which is the hardest part of being sick).

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Soul Healths. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig